Etudes réalisées en collaboration de la SMEPS
TITLE: Valuing Health Related Quality of Life in Morocco: An EQ-5D-3L Value set
In Low-middle Income countries (LMIC) such as Morocco, operating with scarce resources under budget constraints, affordability remains a key concern to access innovative health technologies. Economic evaluations to inform decisions about allocation of health resources are not widely used in Morocco. This is partly due to the lack of country-specific utility weights, which are necessary to derive appropriate Quality Adjusted Life Years (QALYs) that are used in these economic evaluations. The EQ-5D-3L has been previously translated in local dialect and is widely used in local studies. The objective of this study was to develop a value set for the EQ-5D-3L using preferences of the Moroccan general population for use in local economic assessments.
This is the first value set of EQ-5D-3L for Morocco and in Middle East North Africa region. These results promote and facilitate the use of health utility estimation in economic evaluations in Morocco and neighbouring countries.
Team research of the study:
- Moroccan Society of Economics in health product
- Pharmacoeconomics and pharmacoepidemiology research Team. Mohammed V University of Rabat/
- Novartis Pharma Maroc
- School of Public Health, University of Alberta
- Laboratory of Epidemiology and clinical research. Faculty of medicine and pharmacy. Mohammed V University of Rabat
- Faculty of Pharmacy. Mohammed VI of Health Science. Casablanca.
- The EuroQoL Group